Important Information Regarding COVID-19
As you know, our practice stayed open throughout COVID-19 crisis. I am tremendously proud of our team for sustaining emergency services even during the most difficult days. We felt it was our obligation to keep dental patients out of the hospital setting and manage dental emergencies in our office. The silver lining is that we have learned, improved and progressed at an accelerated pace. As we move ahead, I am confident that we have the knowledge, experience and tools to provide the highest standard of endodontic care for our patients. Safety and comfort of our patients is our utmost priority.
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR IMPROVED PATIENT CARE SYSTEMS:
- Tele-Concierge – personalized detailed intake addressing patient’s area of concern. COVID-19 questionnaire and appropriate records. Patient’s preferences for comfort of care always noted. Follow-up and well-check calls for every patient.
- Online Pre-Registration – Each patient receives a text message confirmation and link to register via our website. This shortens the time in waiting room and reduces paper waste.
- Social Distancing – To respect 6ft. social distancing only up to 2 patients are present at our office at any given time. Companions are discouraged, but exceptions for disabled, elderly and minors are granted.
- Facial Covering and Hand Sanitizer— Every person at our practice wears a facial covering at all time. We will provide masks for patients who do not have one. We provide courtesy hand-sanitizer for all patients.
- Temperature readings – Staff and doctor’s temperatures are taken on daily basis. Staff will perform temperature check for every patient upon arrival in waiting room.
- Hand Washing – patients are asked to wash their hands upon arrival to operatory.
- Hydrogen Peroxide Rinse– Each patient is asked to rinse with hydrogen peroxide prior to consultation and examination.
- Personal Protective Equipment – face shields, N-95 mask + surgical mask, isolation gowns, hair caps and gloves worn by staff and doctors.
- Rubber Dam Isolation and High Volume Suction – applied at all time for root canal procedures.
- EPA Certified Disinfection – tested, medical grade anti-viral products effective against SARS-CoV-2.
- Improved Air Purifiers – Merv-13 rated air filtration in our office HVAC systems.
As we face the new reality of living alongside the threat of COVID-19, we remain vigilant and nimble. We will continue to monitor and update our practice systems to be on top of all rapid developments.
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: View CDC Guidelines
- Symptoms: View Information from the CDC
- Steps When Sick: View the Steps